Are you looking for a way to get more use of your outdoor spaces without the hindrance of unfavorable weather? If so, consider a louvered roof. These innovative patio covers are a versatile, effective solution for all your outdoor needs. Whether you are looking to provide shade from the sun, shelter from the rain, or if you are simply looking to enhance the look and feel of your outdoor area, a louvered roof is the answer. In this blog, we’ll explore what louvered roofs are, how they work, and a few of the incredible benefits they offer. Don’t let bad weather ruin your outdoor plans; invest in a louvered roof and enjoy your outdoor spaces all year long.
What is a louvered roof?
A louvered roof is a type of patio cover that features adjustable slats, or “louvers” which can be adjusted to provide variable shading, light, airflow, and protection against the elements. The ability to adjust a louvered roof provides you with greater control over your outdoor living space so you can create a comfortable and enjoyable environment.
How do louvered roofs work?
The framing of a louvered roof is like that of any standard patio cover or pergola. Vertical columns, or posts, are typically used to secure overhead perimeter beams. However, rather than supporting a solid roof or a stationary roofing grid like standard patio covers and pergolas, louvered roofs consist of a series of adjustable slats, or “louvers”. These louvers function in much of the same way that blinds work on windows. They are connected to one another via a mechanism, which allows you to change their angle.
The mechanism behind our motorized pergolas
To make our louvered roofs work, we first attach a support track to the frame. Each louver is then slid into a groove of the support track. They are secured in place by a locking cap. To control the louver’s movement, a pin is inserted into the motor side of each louver. A control bar slides over each pin and is secured. A motor is then attached to the frame near the center of the bay. An actuator bracket attaches the motor to the control bar. When the motor is extended, it pushes and pulls the control bar and all attached parts, allowing the louvers to be opened or closed as needed.
How do louvered roofs prevent water intrusion
When the louvers are closed, our patented 8-inch louver system interlocks to create a virtually waterproof seal. When it does rain, the water travels along the interlocking louvers and is channeled into our 360° gutter system. This ensures that the water is properly directed away from your outdoor areas, protecting you and your property. Learn more about how our louvered pergolas protect against rain.
What makes our pergolas “smart”
Here at Apollo Opening Roof, our louvered roofs utilize state-of-the-art technology and smart connectivity to allow for easy adjustments of the louvers. You can use a remote, phone app, or voice enabled device to control the motor and open and close the system. It’s as easy as tapping a button, or simply saying, “Alexa, open my louvered roof”. In addition, we offer weather sensors which operate your system automatically for rain, wind, and snow.
Overall, these parts work together to allow louvered roofs to be easily adjusted to control the amount of sunlight, air, and rain that enters your space. This makes our louvered roofs a versatile and practical solution for controlling the environment and your outdoor area.
Benefits of louvered roofs
- Flexibility: One of the primary benefits to a louvered roof is the ability to open and close the system. By opening the louvers you can allow more sunlight and fresh air to filter through the area. Or vise-versa. you can close them to create a shaded area that will protect you and your spaces from the elements.
- Customizable: A louvered roof is a versatile addition to any outdoor space, including patios, decks, gardens, pool areas, outdoor kitchens, and more. These roofs can be customized to fit the unique needs of any area, whether you have a small patio or a large backyard, ensuring that you get the most out of your outdoor living space.
- Year-round use: Utilize your space all year long. Whether it’s raining or shining, you can enjoy your patio without having to worry about the weather.
- Energy efficient: Louvered roofs can even help you save on energy costs. When the slats are fully or partially closed, they provide shade, which can reduce the amount of heat that enters your home. This means that your air conditioner won’t have to work as hard to keep your home cool.
- Low maintenance: Our louvered roofs are made from architectural grade aluminum which are finished off with a high-quality powder coating finish. These materials are specifically chosen to ensure the strength, longevity, and minimal maintenance of your system.
Get your louvered roof today!
Louvered roofs are a fantastic addition to any home, providing a customizable outdoor living space that can be enjoyed year-round. If you’re considering adding a louvered roof to your home, our team of experts here at Apollo Opening Roof can provide guidance and support throughout the process of selecting, designing, and installing a louvered roof that meets your needs and preferences. With our expertise, you can be confident that your new louvered roof will be a perfect fit for your home and provide you with years of enjoyment. Click here to connect with our team and start the journey to a more comfortable and functional outdoor space!